The gardens were peaceful and a perfect place to write letters and read. Watching the day pass by I could think of no other way I'd rather spend my time. On my way home I stopped at a florist shop to buy flowers. Keeping flowers around make me feel more at home, probably because im constantly finding excuses to buy more flowers to put in my room or kitchen during the school year.
I chose sunflowers. The florist was wrapping a bouquet of flowers for a woman as I walked in. He told me to "aspetta" (wait) for him to finish and he would help me. He walked over to me with a large smile and asked me which flower I wanted. I pointed to the sunflowers and said "due, per favore." He kindly grabbed the two I pointed to and went to the back of his tiny shop to wrap them up for me. They were perfect. I appreciated his happy spirit.
I hope you find something that brings you joy today. Even if it is just a simple smile, or maybe just some flowers.
Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment